10 Things You May Not Know About Me
- I love to travel and any excuse to go on an adventure sign me up! Seriously, can I come visit?
- I’m the oldest of three girls, so my leadership (*cough* bossy *cough*) skills have been engrained from a young age.
- I married my high school sweetheart. After almost 14 years together, the fact that we haven’t killed each other yet must mean we're doing something right, right?
- My heart stopped beating for 3 hours once. Confused? At 12 years old I was diagnosed with ASD (Atrial Septal Defect). In simple terms I had holes in my heart. They stopped my heart, patched me up and I’ve been good as new ever since! (Minus a 5-6” scar down my chest…)
- My dog weighs more than I do. If you’re ever looking for a dog that loves every human it meets, is great with kids and don’t mind A LOT of hair, get a Newfoundland. Our boy Huxley is the friendliest and clumsiest dog we know. #HuxleyTheNewf
- Coffee is disgusting. There I said it! People are shocked that I've made it through life without it, but I’ve never been much of a caffeine person and the taste of coffee just doesn’t do it for me. Tea on the other hand, sign me up!
- I love tattoos and may or may not have a few of my own…(Sshhhh don’t tell my dad!)
- I am Canadian. Raised in Northern Ontario, I'm proud to say I've "gone to camp" (otherwise known as a cottage), eaten "beaver tails" and swam in some of the nicest lakes in the world.
- My family means everything to me. When I was 19 my mother died from a brain tumour as the result of metastases from breast cancer. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever gone through. But, it instilled in me the value and importance of family. She was a great lady, you would have liked her.
- Dairy is my nemesis. Finding out a few years ago that I'm lactose intolerant sucked!! The tiny amount of Italian genes I have craves pizza with mozzarella and pasta with fresh parmigiana. Why body? WHY?!
Now you didn't think I’d give that all away without asking for a little somethin' in return did you?
Tell me something about yourself and let me know which of the above you liked the best and why.
Don't be shy! I'd love to hear from you.